1. Is the building on the National Historic
2. Is the property eligible for listing on the National Historic
3. Is the property on the State Historic Register?
4. Is the property eligible for listing on the State Historic
5. Has the property been included in the local Survey of Historic
6. If it is not on the survey, has it been selected for the Survey
of Historic Properties?
7. Is the property in danger of being demolished?
8. Are there potential archeological artifacts at the site?
9. Has the property been noted in published histories of the town
10. Has a demolition delay been placed on the property?
11. Is there a realistic chance of restoring the property?
12. Are there other potential uses for the property, which could
benefit the town?
13. Could the building be converted for affordable housing use
while still retaining
its' historic quality ?
14. Is the property part of an historic area or district in the
15. Is the owner also interested in preserving the historic integrity
of the property ?
16. Is there an opportunity for other matching funding to preserve
17. Are there any particularly important historic aspects about
the property such as murals ?
18. Was a known architect of the era involved in the design of
19. Did the property ever play a documented role in the history
of the town?