Roof Restoration of Schoolhouse # 3
In 1985, the last surviving intact one-room schoolhouse
in Georgetown was donated to the town by the Perley family. Built
in the 1830s and known as the Hill School or Schoolhouse # 3,
the structure was re-located from the top of Andover Hill to its'
current site next to the Brocklebank Museum. As one of seven one-room
schools used by the town until 1905, the structure offers a window
on the past and is visited by many residents each year. It has
been almost twenty years since Schoolhouse #3 was moved to its'
current location, and the need for further restorative work is
apparent. The CPA Committee is supporting a request from the Historical
Commission that funds be expended to restore the roof.